- If you don’t know where you’re going, how will you know when you get there …
- When organizations are small (startups, small teams in companies and government agencies) early employees share a mission (why they come to work, what they need to do while they are at work, and how they will know they have succeeded)
- But as these organizations grow large, what was once a shared mission and intent gets buried under HR process and Key Performance Indicators
- Steve Blank shares some great insights how he he learned long ago, that to keep that from happening, you need to on-board/train your team about mission and intent
- Check out his exceptional article on Why Some Startups Win
- Why do you work here – Titles are not your Job – Departmental Mission Statements – What am I supposed to do today – and the five easy peices to everyone’s marketing mission – and how to really build a mission focused team.
These highlights are from the source article:
Why Some Startups Win - Steve Blank