- 64% of consumers share content online and the the top motivation for doing so is to make people laugh (37%)
- 75% of respondents agreed that when companies are funny it helps them be more relatable
Beyond making people laugh, other top motivations for sharing external content include:
- Raising awareness on a particular issue (29%);
- Showing friends content they think they will enjoy (27%);
- Sharing knowledge on a particular subject (21%); and
- Connecting with people who feel similarly to them (20%).
These highlights are from the source article:
Why Do Consumers Share Content Online? You'll Laugh...