- Consumers interact most with very short Facebook posts
- Posts that are less than 50 characters long garner the most overall engagement
- Posting to Facebook during off-peak times, such as very late at night, and on off-peak days, such as on Sundays, leads to more engagement
- Posts that pose questions garner more likes on Facebook than other post types
- Videos garner more shares than other post types.
Via recent research from BuzzSumo
About the research: The report was based on data from an analysis of 800 million Facebook posts from 2016. The researchers examined the number of shares, likes, and comments for each post as well as total engagement (combined shares, likes, and comments).
These highlights are from the source article:
Which Types of Facebook Posts Get the Most Likes, Comments, and Shares