- This is a profound talk and very much worth watching
- The opportunities that this growth is creating will reshape many aspects of all of our future – you will really enjoy having seen this one
- The Chinese internet has grown at a staggering pace — it now has more users than the combined populations of the US, UK, Russia, Germany, France and Canada
- Even with its imperfections, the lives of once-forgotten populations have been irrevocably elevated because of it, says South China Morning Post CEO Gary Liu
- In a fascinating talk, Liu details how the tech industry in China has developed — from the innovative, like AI-optimized train travel, to the dystopian, like a social credit rating that both rewards and restricts citizens, and the reshaping of education and job opportunities for hundreds of millions of children and people.
These highlights are from the source article:
The rapid growth of the Chinese internet -- and where it's headed | TedTalk