- In business writing, there’s one rule you just can’t break
- It has to be about the reader, not about you
- Harvard’s Business School shares this simple process to help people clarify their intentions and their positioning
- It involves answering three basic questions
- 1 — Why are you writing this
- 2 — What audience do you want to reach
- 3 — Why will they care?
Here is the full article at Harvard Business Review that goes into some good examples on each point. They have used this method as their guide to write over 300 books.