- There are more than 53 million freelancers in the U.S
- It’s quickly become one of the largest workforces.
- More than one-third of all U.S. workers have partaken in freelance work in the past year.
- By 2020, contingent work (freelancing) will become the dominant form of labor, making up to 50 percent of the labor force.
- 43 percent of freelancers are Millennials – that’s important to know, because 33% of American workers today are Millenials.
- Whats driving this? Technology that allow increased remote work; an increasing digital economy; a growing part-time workforce; and labor force gains and losses.
- Many people can can thrive financially as freelancers, enjoy flexible schedules that can create a favorable work-life balance by promoting their services to potential clients. Freelancers are often seasoned pros within their niche.
- Business owners soon may not have many other options when looking for top talent, as a majority of the workforce will be freelancers in the very near future.
These highlights are from the source article:
The Freelancer Generation: 8 Key Facts you Need to Know