- Improving data quality is the biggest challenge to marketing data success and the most important objective of a marketing data strategy
- We constantly see inaccurate data frustrate an organization’s ability to streamline and automate key processes
- Here are some insights on why data is inaccurate
- With respect customer or prospect data management, human error remains the leading challenge contributing to a lack of contact data accuracy
- The lack of internal communication between departments is the primary reason, not operating with systems that provide users a ‘single, real-time version of the truth‘ ie many departments keep data in offline spreadsheets that get dated, not managed with data-integrity rules and not very collaborative
- Central control of data quality has declined with only 24% of companies having centralized control down from 31% last year
- 56% say that despite some centralization, many departments still adopt their own strategy for data quality
- The top reason, to maintain high quality data are to increase efficiency (57%), achieve cost savings (38%) and enhance customer or satisfaction (37%).
Check out the full report here.
These highlights are from the source article:
The Biggest Challenges to Contact Data Accuracy