- Content is king – creating informative, educational or emotional content for your audience is key
- Here are the 6 biggest trends that developed in 2015.
- We’ve shared questions for marketers to ask themselves for each trend.
1. The rise of influencers
- Are you connecting your content with others who influence your clients’s thinking?
2. Even more user-generated content
- Have you tapped into the experience and knowledge of your audience to create content?
3. The growth of native advertising
- Do you even know what native advertising is? Have you tested it at all?
4. A stronger focus on distribution
- 50% of effort should be for content creation.
- 50% of effort should be for content distribution and promotion
5. Increasing link between content and social
- Do you share, listen, respond, engage and actively grow your social communities?
- Do you measure that week to week?
- Do you participate in any external forums or groups where you can give and share – and be viewed as a thought leader?
6. Content becoming more mobile-friendly
- 50% of people will only see your info on their phone?
- Do you regularly look at your own content on your phone to see how it looks?
7. Use of schema increasing and improving
- Schema means search engines index content differently depending on what it is (weather, directions, hours of operation, menus, sports scores, etc)
- Have you identified any key schema that relate to you or your competitors search listings and taken advantage of them?
These highlights are from the source article:
The 6 biggest content marketing trends of 2015