- A 5 minute video of inspiration and insight
- In 1983, Steve Jobs gave a speech to the International Design Conference in Aspen – the theme of that year’s conference was “The Future Isn’t What It Used To Be”
- Steve spoke to the way he hired extremely talented and creative people at Apple
- This is where he made the famous quote “We hire people to tell us what to do” vs hiring people and telling them what to do
- The idea is hiring at a technology is not about a “good fit” but people that challenge everything on a daily basis
- Steve was able to get the best and brightest to do things they thought were not possible and not fall in to the trap of of playing it safe
- Today it is rare thing to see this level of determination to hire this level of rebellious talent at startup companies and legacy companies.
Steve Jobs “We hire people to tell us what to do”
Curated by Paul Helmick
I’m a Technology CEO and Experienced Entrepreneur. I love helping people use technology to grow their business.