- Security and risk management remains the top information-technology priority in the year ahead for state chief information officers, as many seek to drive IT consolidation and cloud services in the year ahead, the National Association of State CIOs
- The next highest priority was consolidation and optimization of IT systems
- Cloud services ranked third
- Agile software development has become increasingly important because iterative software development allows for “design modifications, prototyping and rapid addition of new capabilities”
- State CIOs have an average tenure of just two years.
These highlights are from the source article:
Security Remains Top Priority for State CIOs