If you’re an employer, you should improve how you share and solicit job applications online, and make it easy for smartphone users. Key facts
- 54% of US adults have gone online to look for job information,
- 45% have applied for a job online
- Many people still lack confidence in their digital job-seeking skills such as creating a professional resume, searching job listings online, or following up via email with potential employers.
- Online employment resources now rival personal and professional networks as a top source of job information for Americans who are looking for work
- 94% of smartphone job seekers (representing 26% of all American adults) have used their smartphone to browse or research job listings.
- 50% of smartphone job seekers (representing 14% of all adults) have used their smartphone to fill out an online job application
Here is the full report from the Pew Foundation that employers should review.