- More companies in the middle market now regard emerging technologies as a key element of their growth strategiesAt a strategic level, technology is helping smaller, growing companies scale faster and increase their valuations
- 52% said they regard such investments as “strategic,” up from under 40% in the 2015 and 2014 surveys of mid-market companies surveyed by Deloitte
- They are very focused on generating greater ‘speed-to-value’ from cloud applications”
- The top reason cited was to “increase productivity” (23.6%), followed by “improve information security (18.1%)
- Rounding out the top five reasons were “increase revenue” (16.8%), “increase customer base” (14.2%), and “comply with government regulations” (10.7%)
- “Pervasive news of cybersecurity attacks and data security breaches puts companies on the defensive,” making information and data security a continued high priority, spending between 1% and 5% of their total technology budgets on data security
- At a strategic level, technology is helping smaller, growing companies scale faster and increase their valuations.
Via new Deloitte report, Technology in the Mid-market: Taking Ownership.
These highlights are from the source article:
Mid-market Companies Embrace Technology as a Strategic Imperative