- In his 2018 annual letter, Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos repeated his rule that PowerPoint is banned in executive meetings
- What Bezos replaced it with provides even more valuable insight for entrepreneurs and leaders
- Bezos revealed that “narrative structure” is more effective than PowerPoint
- Instead of reading bullet points on a PowerPoint slide, everyone sits silently for about 30 minutes to read a “six-page memo that’s narratively structured with real sentences, topic sentences, verbs, and nouns”
- After everyone’s done reading, they discuss the topic
- Check out the full article from Inc Magazine to see the six reasons why this approach much more effective.
These highlights are from the source article:
Jeff Bezos Banned PowerPoint in Meetings. His Replacement Is Brilliant