- The connected economy continues its path of creative destruction, so much so that it is changing the nature of competition itself
- Nearly all companies surveyed by Gartner (89%) believe that customer experience will be their primary basis for competition by 2016
- Less than half of companies see their capabilities in customer experience as superior to their peers
- Companies that have relied on developing new features, improved customer service and product innovation to drive growth now see a future where competitive advantage will be based on the customer experience
- To narrow the capabilities gap in customer experience, organizations must implement new tools, new people and changes in culture, in most cases, learning how to leverage technology to improve the experience.
These highlights are from the source article:
Gartner Predicts a Customer Experience Battlefield