- Although progress has been made in efforts to combat the opioid epidemic, the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicate the crisis is not slowing down
- CMS is publishing a roadmap outlining our efforts to address this issue of national concern
- Focusing in on prevention of new cases of opioid use disorder (OUD), the treatment of patients who have already become dependent on or addicted to opioids, and the utilization of data from across the country to target prevention and treatment activities
- Current estimates show that over two million[i] people suffer from opioid use disorder
- Medicaid estimates 8.7 out of 1,000 Medicaid beneficiaries are impacted by OUD
- The attached roadmap is below.
Download (PDF, 282KB)