- McKinsey recently moderated a panel discussion on automation at scale in insurance
- Edited excerpts from that conversation follow are in the full article – one key point stood out
- The human touch will become something of a premium – the impact on human interaction must be very high
- Analysis of call-center data shows that employees spend 30 to 40 percent of their time documenting transactions – In the back office, 20–30 percent of the time is related to documentation
- Automation will reduce that documentation time by 80 percent
- The technology to automate 30 to 40 percent of a worker’s activities already exists, carriers are working hard to soon take full advantage of that.
These highlights are from the source article:
Automation at scale is driving transformative change across insurance