- Apple announced a new health effort as part of iOS 11.3 – The new Health Records section in the Health app lets you gather and view all your medical records and the company is partnering with hospitals and clinics
- Health Records is going to be a new menu in the Health Data section of the Health app
- You’ll be able to add any file to this menu as long as it’s a CDA file (Clinical Document Architecture)
- Some hospitals already email you those files or make them available on their website but Apple wants to automate this process
- So it means that those hospitals and clinics will be able to push this data to your phone directly and you’ll receive a notification alerting you that you just received a new medical record
- Data is encrypted on your phone and protected by your passcode.
These highlights are from the source article:
Apple wants to gather all your medical records in the Health app