Meet the Hero of the Story: You…
As a founder, a CEO, a business leader, you are a hero to your customers, employees, investors, partners and suppliers. We understand that it’s a lot of pressure everyday to plan, organize, develop, delegate, and coach your team to success.
Technology changes everything so fast.
Now, more than ever, you and your leadership team feel the pressure of technology.
Technology continually increases the pace of change, raises customer experience expectations and creates competitive advantages (or disadvantages) faster than ever before.
You now feel this pressure in every area of your business.
Technology impacts your service lines, sales, marketing, management, operations, HR, finance, culture and communications.
Technology integrations are now expected with your customers, partners and suppliers.
You and your team need to make great decisions.
Use technology to reduce risks and engage opportunities.
Your leadership team is seasoned, trustworthy, loyal. But they are not as digitally literate as they could be.
I.T. is often overwhelmed with managing uptime, scheduled deployments and maintaining security. Many times they are not able/available to advise C-Level executives on business-technology matters.
You and your team need an experienced business-technology guide to help you grow, to make great decisions and to develop action plans to achieve results.
Meet your digital guide… to help you create a plan, to help you take action, and to get help you get the results you need to survive, grow and prosper in your endeavors.
Enjoy the experience of helping your leadership team make great decisions in how to use technology to build your business and achieve what matters most.
Paul Helmick, Founder & CEO @HealthVentures
Management Consultant / Business Advisor
Advancing Your Digital Business Strategy
– Colossians 3:23-24
The first step is our Executive Interview. Ten thoughtful question to help clarify what your most pressing needs, obstacles and opportunities are. We will help you develop and advance action plans to transform your business into an agile, adaptable and innovative organization.
What do we do?
- As a management consulting firm, we serve as your trusted advisor in the areas of business, marketing and technology.
- We equip and empower founders, owners and their leadership teams to make better decisions in using technology to transform their business.
- This results in organizational agility, innovation and adaptability to your customer’s ever changing demands in today’s experience economy.
- Our goal is the improve your organization’s ability to survive, serve, grow and prosper in a competitive and challenging marketplace.
- The pace of technological change, automation, and new customer expectations continually impacts and challenges business leaders.
- We’re here to help you succeed in your company’s digital transformation.
What are Health Ventures primary practice areas?
Click on any of these practice areas to see specific services provided.
Maximize the business benefits of digital initiatives in your organization. Ensure your vision and goals take advantage of opportunities to use technology to deliver growth, results and innovation.
Leverage technology in new ways to grow your business. Enable your organization become more agile, improve service, gain competitive advantages and increase profitability.
Focused on Client Results
Who have you worked with and served?
How do you help clients?
- We provide business owners, partners and managers, wisdom, counsel and strategic entrepreneurial insights in how to best use technology to build your business.
- We share our experience in business, marketing and technology with you and your leadership team.
- We share our global network of relationships and resources and with you.
- We improve communication, create clarity, candor, and develop focused plans of actions to achieve your goals.
- We help you better define, align, manage and execute special projects and initiatives.
- We empower and equip your people, improve and streamline your processes and leverage technology to help you build your business and reach your goals.
Why team with us? Questions to ask.
- Are you taking full advantage of existing technologies that would improve sales, marketing, service and operations?
- Are your competitors outpacing you in their implementation of technologies to operate more effectively and efficiently?
- Do you wish you had better insights on your data and processes within your business?
- Do you get frustrated working with technology vendors who can’t speak in business terms?
- Is there the feeling that you’re missing opportunities because technology is changing so fast and it’s hard for your team to keep up?
- Is your leadership team already fully tasked? … having very little bandwidth left to drive new pilots projects and initiatives to improve service and profitability?
- Would you like a trusted advisor, to sit on your side of the table, to help you work better with outside technology vendors and providers – with your best interests in mind?
What results are prioritized?
- Increase your revenues
- Decrease your costs
- Improve your profitability
- Streamline your business processes
- Increase your competitive advantages
- Support your CEO/CFO/CIO/CMO goals
- Enable and equip your leadership team
Despite its size and growth trajectory, the healthcare industry is plagued with large-scale problems and inefficiencies that are prompting a massive transformation in how care is accessed, delivered, and reimbursed. The fundamental challenges confronting healthcare have created opportunities for companies with innovative technology and services that address the most costly problems.
About Paul Helmick
Paul is an experienced serial entrepreneur who loves helping people use technology to grow their business. He’s known best as being the co-founder and President of CityNet, West Virginia’s first and largest commercial internet service provider.
Paul has helped start, grow, build, buy and sell a number of high-growth technology companies. He’s lead and managed a number of multi-million dollar technology and business projects.
Paul is currently the founder and CEO of Health Ventures, a management consulting company helping companies advance their digital business strategies. Paul lives in Charleston, WV with his wife and two children.
- Spectrum Technologies
- Founder & President
- Database & Systems Development
- Healthcare, Insurance & Government clients
- CityNet Corporation
- Co-Founder & President
- First & Largest ISP in WV
- Backed by 4 different venture capital funds
- Conducted acquisitions for growth
- Today CityNet is successful 4th generation company
- DataCorp Communications
- Managing Partner
- IT Security & Data Communications
- Nationwide Sales Agent for AT&T
- Major enterprise nationwide network provisioning
- CornerStone Technology Group
- President, and formerly VP Marketing
- Regional Network & Systems Integrator
- Revenues growth to approach $10M annualy
- Project scopes ranged from $50k to $3M
- Central City Online dba EZNET
- EVP & COO
- Data & Wireless ISP Holding Company
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Managed close to 100 employees
- Managed growth and decline through the .com bust
- Premier Strategies
- Managing Member
- Sales & Marketing Advisory Firm
- Management Consulting, Business Brokerage
- Chat Cable
- Designer, Inventor, Founder
- VoIP Headset Manufacturing in China
- StateNewslines | StateNewswire
- Founder & CEO, Investor Led Startup
- Statewide & Local News Aggregation
- Hyperlocal Mobile iPhone News Apps
- 50 State, Nationwide Network of Media Properties
- Statewide Local Press Release Services
- HME Recovery
- Partnership in startup company
- Developed cloud-based software solution
- Notifies HME/DME providers when their patients pass away
- Assists in timely recovery of rental equipment
- Produced $2k to $10k/week of recovery per client
- U.S. Army – National Guard
- Tactical Communications Chief 31V/31G
- 107th Armored Calvary Regiment
- Distinguished Honor Graduate, AIT/PLDC
- Young Presidents Organization
- Network of 8000 leaders in 75 nations
- Served on State Board for WV
- WV Entrepreneur (WVEF)
- Entrepreneurial Education & Networking
- Initiative of US Senator Hon. John D. Rockefeller, IV
- Charleston Chamber, Charleston Rotary
- MATRIC Federal/Commercial R&D
- Executive Director of Commercialization
- Mid-Atlantic Holdings Board
- Develop and structure funding for commercial spin-off companies
- WV Vision Shared, YMCA Board Member
- WV Venture Connection (WVVC)
- Acting Executive Director, State of WV
- Initiative of US Senator Hon. John D. Rockefeller, IV
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- ‘Who’s Who in WV Business’, WV State Journal
- WV Executive Magazine ‘Young Gun’
- Distinguished Honor Graduate, USARNG, PLDC
- Distinguished Honor Graduate, USARNG, AIT
- Army Achievement & Commendation Medal, USARNG
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- International Business Brokers of America
- Recognized by University of Charleston, Executive MBA Program – Highest ranked guest speaker for 3 years in a row
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Citrix Certified Engineer
- Completing Quick Base Certified Expert Developer
- Graduate, WVSC, Computer Science
- Graduate, WVSC, Electronic Engineering
- Studies, WVSC, Marketing & Communications
- HBR/Stanford Podcasts (over 500)
- Franklin/Covey 7 Habits Leadership
- GTD: Getting Things Done w/David Allen
- Reads 50+ books/year (Business, AI, Marketing, Finance, Technology)