- It is honestly very hard to land promotional emails to subscriber’s Primary tab of Gmail instead of Promotions tab – Google is pretty smart about sorting your mail for you
- This new box had few different tabs such as Primary, Social, Promotions, Updates, etc and every tab is programmed to received only specific emails based on the nature of email
- Here are 9 actionable steps that will help you make sure your promotional email end up in Gmail’s primary inbox
- Include No More Than One Link
- Lose the Images
- Mention the Reader by Name
- Avoid RSS
- Write To Your Readers or Customers Like They Are Your Friends
- Don’t Write Junk in Email to Your Readers or Customers
- Write in Traditional Letter Form
- Keep It Short
- Ditch the Pitch.
More tips in the full article on B is for Blogging.
These highlights are from the source article:
9 Ways to Help Your Emails Land in Gmail’s Primary Inbox