- Overall 16 percent of Americans own a smart speaker, or around 39 million people
- One in six Americans now own a smart speaker, up 128 percent from January, 2017
- Amazon’s Echo speakers are still in the lead with 11 percent of Americans now owning an Amazon Alexa device compared with 4 percent who own a Google Home speaker
- 64 percent of users, who say they bought the speakers because they plan on using them to control smart home devices
- 66 percent said they want to entertain family and friends with the speakers – for example, by doing things like playing music, asking general questions, telling jokes, playing games, getting news and weather or sports scores
- 30 percent of smart speaker owner said the device is replacing time spent with TV. They’re also listening to more audio (71% are), including news and talk radio or podcasts.
These highlights are from the source article:
39 million Americans now own a smart speaker, report claims