- Business leaders are confident in the direction of their marketing budgets this year, with 56% of respondents expecting to increase their budgets. Email is the primary recipient of increased budgets, according to the StrongView report and a separate study [pdf] from Campaigner
- 60% respondents reported planning to increase their email marketing spending this year, closely following was social media (56.3% increasing spend).
Email Priorities and Challenges
Returning to the Selligent and StrongView survey, a closer look at email marketing indicates that respondents are most likely to increase spending for the following email programs:
- Social media channel growth – 44.8%;
- Promotional (batch) – 43.1%; and
- Triggered/transactional programs – 39.7%.
Specific to lifecycle email marketing programs, the largest proportion of respondents plan increases for:
- Welcome (67.7%);
- Loyalty (60.6%); and
- Winback/re-engagement (56.8%).
Via Marketing Charts
These highlights are from the source article:
2016 Marketing Budget Trends, by Channel